No doctor has ever healed anyone of anything in the history of the world, The human immune system heals and that’s the only thing that heals
— Bob Wright
Please find below an instant immunity boosting smoothie, ‘orange probiotic immunity boosting smoothies’ for your health and wellbeing. As you all know we are facing critical times because of COVID19. The whole world is in quarantine phase. The virus discriminates no one and affects everyone. People with Eating Disorders have compromised immunity. It’s pivotal that in these times we try our level best to look after ourselves and take what is required to boost our immunity and follow the hygiene guidelines set out by WHO. The recipe is taken from Cotter Crunch.
Orange Probiotic Immunity Boosting Smoothies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2 1x
Orange Probiotic Immunity Boosting Smoothies are perfect for breakfast on the go. A vegetable and fruit based yogurt smoothie rich in vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber, and Calcium. No sugars added.
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 2 tangerines or 1 large orange (regular or blood orange)
- 6 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp chia seed (more if you are making smoothie bowls).
- 6–8 ounces plain Kefir yogurt or cultured plain yogurt. See notes for vegan option.
- 3 to 4 dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Optional 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups (2 small bowls, or 1 large bowl).
- Peel your carrot and oranges.
- Place carrots, orange, and juice in a blender. Blend under a thick juice if formed.
- Next add your chia seeds, yogurt, spices, ginger, and coconut oil.
- Blend again.
- To make smoothie bowls, add an addition 1 tsp chia seed and let the blended smoothie mix sit over night, (or at least for a few hours) in the fridge. The chia see will help it thicken. Pour into bowls and garnish with orange slices, cinnamon, gluten free oats, and optional honey.